Cloud computing might sound very hi-tech and difficult to understand. Yet it can be explained in very simple words. It is the delivery of computing services like storage, networking, software, analytics and servers, etc. on Cloud i.e. basically internet.
In cloud computing data is stored, accessed and shared through internet and over the internet via internet-connected websites. It is indeed the hard disk for your data which is safe & secure in nature. From biggest international banks to your nearest fast food chain everyone is suing cloud computing. There is hardly any industry which is untouched by the cloud computing. From enormous technology oriented industry to your state run bank cloud computing is accepted and trusted by all.
You would be amazed by these fascinating facts about Cloud Computing:
- 48% Percent US Government’s local and state governments as a part of their ‘Cloud First’ or ‘Cloud only’ policy have begun using cloud services or are planning cloud projects for diverse uses. As per the survey done by Unisys Corporation, which shows the present & future potential of cloud computing.
- With Increase in use of cloud computing globally by business of almost all kinds, the data storage is also increasing on daily basis. As per the Cisco Global Cloud Index by the year 2020 annual global cloud IP traffic will reach 14.1 Zetta bytes, (1.2ZB per month) 14.1 ZB is equal to 14100000000000 GB data. Global cloud IP traffic will account for more than 92 percent of total data center traffic by 2020.
- The global ruler when it comes to computers, Microsoft’s 2011 budget for R&D was 90% spent on cloud computing strategies and budget. This shows that Microsoft works as per vision, the far sightedness of the global tech master knew about the potential of cloud computing. Hence, it jumped in real quickly to avail the opportunity.
- Banking sector produces the most activity within in the cloud. The rise in the banking sector is the result of increased online banking systems and payment options. Global money trasnfering services like PayPal are growing and the act of virtual payment for goods & services is increasing. Not only that, the concept of virtual currencies like Bitcoins is also contributing to the increase in the complete idea of cloud banking system.
- By 2018, 59% of the total cloud workloads will be Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) workloads, up from 41% in 2013. SaaS will be the most highly deployed global cloud service by 2018.
- Two years ago, 2014 was the first represented year when the majority of work load was on cloud. Workload transitions from 2012 to 2017, data center workloads will grow 2.3-fold; cloud workloads will grow 3.7-fold. In 2012, 39 percent of workloads were processed in the cloud, with 61 percent being handled in a traditional data center.
These facts are definitely fascination for virtual world enthusiasts. They clearly shows that the future of Cloud computing is indeed very bright. From the biggest enterprises of the world to a small financial firm, the benefits of cloud computing for both are almost immediate. High level data storage to processing and transfer of data, cloud computing abilities are vast. The insane amount of data that can be stored, transferred, accessed with through cloud computing are numbers bigger than ever. To understand more about cloud computing and how it can benefit your industry get in touch with our experts here.